This course teaches you the fundamental knowledge, skills, and practical experience required to configure and manage modern, open standards-based networking solutions using Aruba's wired, wireless, security and management technologies. This course consists of approximately 60% lecture and 40% hands-on lab exercises to help you learn how to implement and validate small-to-medium enterprise network solutions. This 5-day course prepares you for the Aruba Certified Associate - Campus Access exam.
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Explain Networking Fundamentals
- Install and configure devices running the ArubaOS-CX Network Operating System
- Describe and configure VLANs
- Explain, describe and configure Spanning Tree Protocol
- Understand when to use VRRP and how to configure it
- Explain and configure Link Aggregation
- Understand and configure IP Routing
- Understand and configure OSPFv2 – Single Area
- Describe and configure Switch Stacking using VSF
- Describe Aruba ESP platform and product portfolio
- Perform AP onboarding
- Explain how Aruba's wireless networking solutions meet customers’ requirements
- Explain fundamental WLAN technologies, RF concepts, and 802.11 Standards
- Recognize and explain Radio Frequency Bands and channels, and the standards used to regulate them
- Describe the concept of radio frequency coverage and interference and successful implementation and diagnosis of WLAN systems
- Identify and differentiate antenna technology options to ensure optimal coverage in various deployment scenarios
- Describe RF power technology including, signal strength, how it is measured and why it is critical in designing wireless networks
- Control secure access to the WLAN using Aruba Firewall Policies and Roles
- Perform network monitoring functions and troubleshooting
The ideal candidate has 1+ years of experience with networking, vendor agnostic understanding of basic network protocols. Under the direction of a Professional or Expert, can apply the configuration and verify the status of a campus network.
It is recommended that candidates have foundational networking experience or attend Aruba's Essentials eLearning series to glean knowledge on Aruba's Campus Access design solution.