Cisco introduced a new certification program, live since February 2020.
The main changes are:
- Introduction of the Cisco Certified DevNet certification track
- There are no more prerequisites for the associate and professional certification
- In the new program you will receive credit for exams you have already passed and can check your status via the CCNP migrations tools
- Trainings and certifications (also CCNA and CCNP tiers) are consolidated and updated
- The CCIE status is valid for 3 years
There will only be one training and only one exam for the new CCNA certification. This course contains all the basic knowledge for all further certifications, but is no prerequisite.
With the CCNP certification you can choose your specialisation:
- Data Center
- Service Provider
For every CCNP certification there is one basic exam and – depending on the specialisation – one additional exam.
If you have started working toward any current CCNP certification, keep going. In the new program, you’ll receive credit for work you’ve already completed in the current program.
For more information about how to migrate your certification in progress, visit the Cisco CCNP migration tool