- 12 months
Seminar contentPRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a project management method, that is being used in all kinds of projects, independent of size and industry. It was originally created by the British government and is the most used method worldwide with intensive use all over Europe, Middle East, but also the United States and Canada.
Projects are usually managed with varying success, sometimes a huge amount of effort, energy is invested and projects are delayed or above cost.
This training teaches you to be an expert in project management and how to run and finish your projects within the time and cost constraints give. You will learn how to do project and stage planning, how to do risk management and you will learn all aspects of quality control - topics that are often neglected.
With our PRINCE2 Practitioner training you will learn all aspects of PRINCE2 6th edition (including the 7 principles, 7 themes and the 7 processes) and how you can manage projects yourself with the help of PRINCE2.
This training includes both internationally accredited exams: PRINCE2 6th edition Foundation and PRINCE2 6th edition Practitioner certification.
Our training focuses on:
Theoretical knowledge of the whole PRINCE2 methodology
Practical application of PRINCE2 (with the help of a lot of practical examples from our internationally experienced trainer)
Preparation for the certification exam.
Differentiate yourself from others in this area, by making sure that the success of your projects is not just mere luck.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
The 2 examination fees are included in the seminar price.
Target groupsIdeal candidate for this course:
- People that work for organisations that need to run projects effectively and efficiently, whereas PRINCE2 can be used equally well for IT and non-IT projects
- Project- and program managers that want to deepen their knowledge around project management or want to be certified
- People that have regular contact with project teams and want to understand the terminology and principles that are being used
- Information Workers
- Information Worker
Detailed contentThe seven principles
- Continued Business Justification
- Learn from Experience
- Define Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to the Environment
The seven themes
- Business Case, weighing up costs/benefits/risks
- Organisation of the project team
- Quality planing and control
- Project, stage and team planing
- Manage changes
- Understand risks and react correctly
- Manage progress and report it
The seven PRINCE2 processes
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Managing stage boundaries
- Closing a project
- How to use all principles, themes and processes together
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to the project environment
- Preparation for PRINCE2 6th edition Foundation exam
- Preparation for PRINCE2 6th edition Practitioner exam
5 days 5T
The course takes place on the following days: Tuesday to Friday and Monday