This programm addresses all the stages involved in incident handling and the response process to enhances your skills as an incident handler and responder, increasing your employability. This approach makes E|CIH one of the most comprehensive incident handling and response related certifications on the market today. The skills taught in EC-Council´s E|CIH program are desired by cybersecurity professionals from around the world and is respected by employers.
The Purpose of E|CIH is:
Learning Objectives of E|CIH Program:
- to enable individuals and organizations with the ability to handle and respond to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic way
- to ensure that organization can identify, contain, and recover from an attack
- to reinstate regular operations of the organization as early as possbile and mitigate the negative impact on the business opeerations
- to be able to draft security policies with efficacy and ensure that the quality of services is mantained at the agreeed levels
- to minimize the loss and after-effects breach of the incident
- for individuals: to enhance skills on incident handling and boost their employability
- Understand the key issues plaguing the information security world
- Apply the right techniques to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic manner including malware incidents, email security incidents, network security incidents, web application security incdients, cloud security incidents, and insider threat-related incidents
- Learn to combat different types fo cybersecurity threats, atttack vectors, threat actors and their motives
- Learn the fundamentals of incident management including the signs and costs of an incident
- Understand the fundamentsl of vunlerability management, threat assessment, risk management, and incident response automation and orchestration
- Master all incident handling and response best practices, standards, cybersecurity frameworks, laws, acts, and regulations
- Decode the various steps involved in planning an incident handling and response program
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of computer forensics and forensic readiness
- Comprehend the importance of the first response procedure including evidence collection, packaging, transportation, storing, data acqusition, volatile and static evidence collection, and evidence analysis
- Understand antiforensics techniques used by attackers to find cyberscurity incident cover-ups
E|CIH is a specialist-level program that caters to mid-level to high-level cybersecurity professionals. In order to increase your chances of success, it is recommended that you have at least 1 year of experience in the cybersecurity domain.
E|CIH members are ambitious security professionals who work in Fortune 500 organizations globally.